Thursday, October 27, 2011

Voiceover and out

Though the new toon show "Allen Gregory" is about the "world's most pretentious 7-year-old," as voiced by Jonah Hill, there was nothing pretentious about the crowd or fare at Fox's Monday night party and screening.Though the new toon show "Allen Gregory" is about the "world's most pretentious 7-year-old," as voiced by Jonah Hill, there was nothing pretentious about the crowd or fare at Fox's Monday night party and screening. Thesps including Leslie Mann and French Stewart flocked to the intimate Smog Shoppe in Culver City where mini corn dogs and grilled cheeses were munched on with the evening's cocktail of choice, a bottle of spiked Orangina served with a straw. While staff offered snacks to patrons, Renee Taylor, who provides the pipes for the abrasive Principal Gottlieb, discussed her strategy in the V.O. booth: "My character is very crazy, very outrageous, and I thought, I'm going to be crazier than the character -- that's what I'm going to do. So actually I came in and did a man's voice I came in an just imitated B.S. Pully in a very low voice, and told them dirty jokes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment